Monday, August 24, 2009

The End Of The Road

The highway is still there. especially on Thursdays. I am enjoying the space in Melbourne now, and realising what deadness exists in this town down the road. What a strange identity it has to me. I dislike it at the moment - for all the wrong reasons probably. Inward lookingness, dead heart. A mutated materialistic sportsbar suburb mall city with heavily staffed parking inspectors and right wing newspaper editorials. ooooohhh bitter...Of course I am projecting a lot of my own deep prejudice onto it, a lifetime of experiencing it's sameness. And it seems appropriate that this project has slipped into the imagination - as if the town has swallowed it and made it a lovely distant dream. However, as absence makes the heart grow fonder, this town NEEDS this idea to be realised, and it will become stronger... There's great people here, great artists, and they are my friends.... Now... meditate... Go Deeper and find the idea.. go out and sound it again. And find the next part. The City Awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment