Saturday, May 23, 2009

All Moments lead here..


Listening to songs. Creating Songs. Mr Mueller is a very good songwriter.. What a delight to work with him. I bought an old tape deck from my favourite store - cash converters. It was $12 bucks.. I hooked it up today. It sounds great. it's a Yamaha. I used to lust after such a model. Full auto-reverse, dolby b & c noise reduction. I can use it now to listen to old songs... some of my old songs. Wow, i've been listening to something to a piece of mine from 1997. Was it that long ago... Pre digital recording at home.. for me anyway. Man I've earnt my stripes with studio technology. Are the songs back then more interesting, more experimental, more explorative.. I can't answer that.. I got bored after one side.. I was surprised as to how many words I had put into the "songs". Are they still relevant to me. They are a record of my feelings, emotions, outlook. There's despair, There's beauty and textures. There's a wide palette of sounds generating from the studio tool. Things haven't changed, really. You still kind of write the same songs..

No comments:

Post a Comment